About the book
Ladybird Readers is an ELT graded reader series for children aged 3-11 learning English as a foreign or second language. The series includes traditional tales, popular characters, modern stories, and non-fiction.
- Beautifully illustrated books, carefully written by language learning experts.
- Structured language progression to develop children's reading, writing, speaking, listening and critical thinking skills.
- Eight levels follow the Common European Framework of Reference for language learning (CEFR).
- Language activities provide preparation for the Cambridge English Pre-A1 to A2 (YLE) tests.
- A unique code in each printed book provides access to online audio, extra activities and learning resources.
The Tale of Peter Rabbit, a Level 1 Reader, is Pre-A1 in the CEFR framework and includes practice for the Cambridge English Pre-A1 Starters tests. Short sentences contain a maximum of two clauses, using the present tense and some simple adjectives.
Peter Rabbit goes in the farmer's garden for some radishes. Then, the farmer sees him! Can the farmer catch Peter?
Visit the Ladybird Education website for more information.